Currently

Friday, July 3, 2015



Well, we've officially reached the point in our trip where we all love/ hate each other in equal measure. It's probably no coincidence that today also marks the halfway point in our little adventure. I'm pretty sure that the point of our annual Swiss Family Robinson Anderson vacation is to get as much family time in as we can, but what we always seem to forget is that we as a family we really can get on each others nerves... a lot. Luckily, the tide is about to turn because in a few short hours my dad is arriving, and there is nothing better than new blood to change the dynamic around here. We always have such a wonderful time once he arrives, and the boys couldn't be more excited if Santa Claus himself were to walk through the door. Considering the amount of goodies my dad always has in tow, I can see why!


Since life is like Groundhog's Day around here I have nothing new to report. The LM is surfing by himself now, and it's all we can do to keep him out of the water. Gray has completely given up on wearing clothes, and now has the tannest bum I've ever seen in my life. He also demands to wear his socks and sneakers everywhere he goes, even while naked, and let me tell you that is quite the LOOK! My husband and I are doing our best to keep everyone happy and alive (after our last trip more of a challenge than we thought) and live for our margaritas at happy hour which definitely doesn't need to wait until 5 around these parts. Between all the bickering, we've had some wonderful nights out with the boys, which always end with long walks on the beach under the stars. These moments are what make this place so magical and why year after year we will continue to make our pilgrimage south.

I hope wherever you are that you have a wonderful and warm weekend. I want to wish a happy 4th to all my friends in the States! Be safe, and have fun! xo