Weekend Links

Friday, February 20, 2015



What are you all up to this chilly weekend?  At this point we are all basically just surviving the cold, and crossing our fingers for no more snow!  The Little Man and I are going to brave the sub zero temps to hit the mountain for some skiing tomorrow, and my husband gently reminded me that there are only a few weekends left in the season.  Part of me is a little sad about this, but the other (much bigger part) cannot wait for Spring to get here!  Whatever your plans, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Here are a few fun links from around the web to start the weekend off right  (apologies for the heavy NYT content, but I really enjoyed them all!)

I'll be back next week with our room by room home tour! xx


The most accurate piece I've seen about what it's like living in a city buried in snow. 

... and this one just for fun. Well, as fun as mountains of snow can be. 

Instagram and middle schoolers, not a great combination.  It's hard for me to fathom what it's even like growing up during this technology age... it was hard enough when we just had lockers and school dances.  Right now the LM is in an all boys school and I'm hoping we can skip so much of this.  Hoping being the operative word. 

How one tweet can ruin your life.  I found this to be such a fascinating read. 

Monica Lewinsky's first speech in 16 years... and she says exactly what needs to be said


Love in the time of binge watching.  This is my husband and I to the letter!


Speaking of grey, my favorite pair of stylish sweatpants are on sale right now! To say I live in these would be a serious understatement. 

Bratz dolls get a much needed make-under.  I LOVE everything about this. 

An accurate video detailing why mom's (and dad's) can't get anything done.  I'm pretty sure this is why the phrase "nailed it" was invented. 

My absolute favorite purchase from last year and what I plan to wear the second the snow melts!

When my MIL was in town we were talking about the "olden days" and how my husband traveled to Europe with friends at an age now that would never be considered in these modern times.  An article discussing just this.  I'd like to think I'm somewhere between helicopter, and free-range but there are times that I certainly dabble in both! :)

The Honest Company is now selling formula and nursing accessories.  Very cool!

Finally, a wonderful post on my boy's room (with sources), written by the lovely Marni Kaufman Katz who wrote the Globe Magazine piece! 

Above is my favorite shot that didn't make the rue feature.  The animal print quoting the enviable Jenna Lyons, "as far as I'm concerned leopard is a neutral" is by Posh and Prep.  Photo credit: Sarah Winchester Studios. 

Have a great weekend!


No comments :