Currently

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

You know how they say when it rains, it pours?  Well, it actually starting pouring in our house, and no I'm not talking about outside but rather it was raining IN OUR HOUSE!  On Friday, I noticed a trickle of water coming out of our entryway ceiling, and by Monday I had 25 gallons worth of buckets which needed to be emptied multiple times a day.   Considering we live on the first floor, this is not something I would have ever imagined, but it turns our that we are lucky enough to have the piping which drains the water from the roof of the ENTIRE building running right though our first floor.  Apparently, the exit became frozen solid leaving the water no where to go but out, and we were the lucky recipients of a roof full of snow runoff.  Last night around 7 pm when the plumbers finally made it out, they were able to release the pressure but said we were minutes away from our entire ceiling collapsing.  Those of you who know me, know how much this house means to me, and let me tell you, I have never hugged anyone tighter than those guys who saved our home.  Plumbers are heroes!  We have had the worst luck with water in our place, and I tell you, sometimes it feels like a loosing battle.  Hopefully this will be the last of the construction we have to live though.  Yes, I've said this many times before.  If I ever write a book about this place, I swear it will be titled "the war against water, how one woman saved her home (and her sanity) from drowning!"

To top things off on Saturday after a below zero day on the mountain I came home feeling sick.  Like really sick.  About two hours later I was questioning whether I should go to the ER, and it turns out I was one of the lucky people who got the flu shot, and then got the flu.  I used to joke and say, "hey it's just the flu, not ebola" but after getting a little reminder of how bad it is, I promise I will never make light of it again.

... and then there was the snow.  You guys, we have SO MUCH SNOW.  What once was kind of fun, has turned in to a nightmare and it's hard to say what's worse, having two kids stuck inside for days on end, or having two kids in two different schools, multiple miles away when you can't really drive and public transportation has basically shut down.  Everyone is struggling to get to work and school and this city is a mess and to top things off there is an actual parade today for the Patriots.  What a great idea... said no one EVER (okay, fine by best friend would say yes, but she's just crazy like that!)

So that's were I've been, and that's my sob story.  Right now our home is dry, I have a parking spot only 8 blocks from Gray's school, and I'm alive... things are definitely looking up. ;)  Here are a few pictures from the snowiest 10 day period in history.












 (one upside... the upside the LM can now slam dunk :))


Proof that yes, you can definitely have too much of a good thing!

No comments :