Weekend Links

Friday, January 16, 2015

 

Happy Friday!  What are you all up to this weekend?  Our winter weekends have started to fall in to the same routine, and I have to say that I'm loving it.  On Saturdays, I take the LM skiing while Gray stays home with Daddy, and on Sunday I take the boys with me to yoga (my gym has a great daycare) and then as a reward we do something super fun in the afternoon (like Legoland, or the movies, or an indoor playground.)  It's been working great for everyone, except my husband has been looking for something fun to do with them while still being able to recover from his surgery.  This weekend we are starting "donuts with dad," which means he is in charge of getting them out the door and to the Dunkin Donuts a few blocks away.   My goal is to stay in bed the entire time... let's see if that actually happens.  I'm really hoping this becomes a thing because, man, that would be awesome.

I hope whatever your plans are that you are able to get some time to relax in.  Here are a few fun links that caught my eye, all Sunday morning in bed approved!!! xoxo



I've been thinking so much about "meaning" since reading this article.  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Warby Parker's new Spring line is out!  I'm loving the gold!!!!!

Adorable yoga mats.  

A list of the top interior trends of 2015

I keep hearing about icing as being the new skin craze.  This is one that I can definitely get on board with since all it entails is taking a piece of ice, wrapping it in a cloth, and rubbing it all over your face in the morning.  Apparently, Kate Moss is a fan, which reason enough for me to give it a go.  Well, that and it's free!!!

When real life doesn't look like a lifestyle blog.  I took this one to heart and left the house without making beds today, which is something I NEVER do.  The world didn't fall apart and we made it to school on time without rushing.  Mind blown.

The debate is settled, the best way to load a dishwasher.  Done and done. 

I'm more than halfway though my 35th year of life, and this quote really resonated with me.  I have a tendency to dwell and sometimes I will still beat myself up for things I said or did in high school or college!  Lately, I've noticed I've been doing it so much less and sometimes not at all.  I can't even begin to tell you how good it feels to leave it all behind. s

Taco Bell?  I've always thought of Gwyneth as more of a Rubio's fish tacos kind of girl.  It's nice to see her acting a little more human.  Oh, and sweatpants for the win!

How to outsource your life.  I loved this is list and will never ever go to the post office again. 

The new trailer for the next installment of House of Cards is out and I can hardly make it though without rewinding.  I'm SO excited, the whole "we're survivors" part gives me head to toe chills.  Netflix... there are no words for how much I love you. 

Finally, I'm really taking a break from shopping again this year, but I have been desperate need of some new white jeans, given that my old paid were pretty much yellow from so much wear.  I ordered these and could not be happier.  They are freakishly soft and the cut is perfection.  If you are on the hunt, look no further!

(Photo via this site)

1 comment :

Jean said...

Well hello there! I saw your blog featured on Apartment Therapy and I thought..."hey, I know that blog.." so thought I'd drop by for a visit. Not sure if you remember me, but I'm still around :)
Congrats on your second little man, hope you are all well xx