All Dressed Up.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014





 I feel like lately I've been stuck in a bit of a fashion rut.  It probably has more to do with the changing of the seasons, or in this case the lack thereof (is it Summer, is it Winter, is it Fall???) but my uniform of boots/ sneakers, sweater/ blazer and tee, and skinny jeans has gotten a little tiring.  Actually, this post pretty much sums up my current thought process, perfectly, and I have to say it's nice I'm not alone in feeling this way.  Now, don't take this the wrong way, I am most definitely not turning my back on the idea in investing in a few simple pieces that can be worn year after year, but even I have to admit, sometimes it's fun to mix things up a bit.  I think my current fashion strife was triggered by the fact that recently I've been having quite a few nights out, for events for the boy's schools, and for the first time I've been finding myself saying, "I have nothing to wear," which obviously isn't the case, but the 'ol uniform of a black blazer, black pants, and silk top, has definitely grown a little old. 

Recently, however, I stumbled upon this great site, Reformation, which seems to specialize in dresses that while not exactly cheap, aren't budget busters either.  While perusing, I realized that what I'm missing from my wardrobe is a few great dresses!  Ones that can be worn in the summer with sandals and flats, but can also be worn with tights and booties in the cooler months (which is good, because I think these are definitely on the shorter side if you are taller.)  I'm also attracted to the ease of wearing dresses, which like a jumpsuit, is a one stop shop for what to wear and makes getting ready a breeze.

 I know, wearing a dress isn't exactly a novel idea, but for me, having embraced the whole "tomboy chic" look so aggressively over the last few years, owning a few flirty dresses will definitely help me with my current wardrobe conundrum without stepping too far out of my comfort zone (meaning I can still wear my trusty blazer over them.)  Here are a few of my favorite dresses from the site, which I can't believe I never heard of before, and you can view the whole line here (which is not just limited to dresses.) 








 Okay, now I'll be all dressed up... I guess I just need somewhere to go!!!

No comments :