Weekend Links.

Friday, September 19, 2014

 

Happy iPhone 6 day Friday!  Yes, I am one of those people who has been tracking UPS like it's carrying my baby today, but in my defense I have been working with an iPhone 4 (not s) for about a year now, and while I can handle the screen held together with duct tape, the 2 hour battery life has pretty much crippled me.  Finally, I get to see what all the rest of you have been talking about for about a year, and I don't know, actually make a call?!?!  Other than messing with my new toy, we are hanging low this weekend, and spending as much time outside as we can because it's supposed to be gorgeous here! Summer, please never leave!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, here are a few links from around the web that caught my eye. See you next week!


After spending a year with my shorter hair, I've decided to give mid-length a go, with this as my inspiration.  I really feel like this length doesn't always get its full credit.  These 11 celebs show that it might just be the perfect length.  Don't worry, the platinum blonde isn't going anywhere, anytime soon... as in ever!

Touche.

I pre-ordered my phone a week ago, and it's currently on the truck out for delivery.  Easy peasy.  These people clearly didn't get the memo. 

Gilmore Girls is coming to Netflix.  Cue the binge watching!

This at home drunken noodle recipe looks as easy as it is delicious!  I've been craving all things spicy lately and might have to give this a whirl on Sunday.

Looks like spring is going to be just as casual (and comfortable) as Fall.  Sign me up!

A beautiful and moving love story.

The only thing I actually care about from NYFW.  Love #20!!!

Self control... Wait, what's that? ;) Here is how to master it. (taking notes)

Stylish sweatpants.  Yes, you had me at sweatpants.

Still holding on to Summer, and dreaming of these 7 s'mores recipes.  How is it that I never thought of throwing a Reese's peanut butter cup in in the middle.  Gah, genius!!!

Nailed it!  I know who I'd appoint as NFL commissioner.

50 things you probably didn't know about Sex and the City.

I'm loving these wreaths for a simple table setting for the holidays.  Boxwood for the win, and yes, it's way to early to talk holidays!  My lips are now sealed until November!

Finally,  I am always a little blown away by the comments that some people will leave on blogs, specifically design ones. Sure, we all think these things sometimes, but to actually take the time to write it knowing someone on the other end is a) human, and b) reading,  is something I cannot comprehend.  That being said, I think there are a lot of the big time bloggers who refuse to allow any criticism, even of the constructive nature.  You see it over and over again where someone will question a choice, and not only are they attacked by the blogger, but also their spouse, parents, dog, and legion of readers.  This article sums this up nicely.  Clearly, it seems like moderating the forum is key.


No comments :