Nursery to a Guest Room.

Monday, September 15, 2014

 Right now, I'm beginning the process of moving the boys in to the same room.  I say beginning, because other than talking about it (ad nauseum) and ordering a bed, we have done very little as far as the actual move goes.  As much as I'd love to have them in the same room, between travel, illnesses, and newly discovered nighttime fears, the actual move-in date still seems pretty far away.  However, knowing how we operate, I'm sure that one day soon I will just decide it's happening, and that will be the end of that.  The band-aide approach, which pretty much sums up my parenting philosophy. 

The great thing about the boys moving it together (when it actually happens) is that we will finally have a real, adult guest room.  Gray's room is pretty small, but with a little tweaking, I think I can get a queen sized bed in there, and around that make a little oasis for our guests.  I've been so torn over concept, because the last thing I want to do is switch out the current lighting, curtains, and my beloved ceiling stripes.  Lately, i've been giving it some thought, and I've decided that the best way to incorporate those features is to keep everything very clean, and white, with a few pops of color and pattern.  What I've dubbed "California cool."

Here is a little of what I have going on in my head as far as inspiration goes.







... and what I already have for the room. (click to enlarge)


I think the end result is going to be fantastic, and I can't wait to finally be able to have our family and friends visit and be able to give them a space of their own! So long air mattresses, hello Malibu Beach House... or something like that! ;)

Now, I just have to rip off that band-aide! 

No comments :