Wardrobe Essentials: Save, Crave, Investment #1

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I thought it would be fun to bring a new feature to the blog, discussing what I think are the top 20-30 (or so) wardrobe "staples" that I think every woman should have in her closet. To mix things up a bit, rather than just showcasing the best of the best, I thought each week, I'd post a new "essential" item at 3 different price points; the save, the crave, and the investment. I'm sure I'll be throwing in my two cents regarding what is worth investing in, and of course, I'll be providing quite a bit of photographic inspiration (thank you Pinterest!) I hope you all enjoy!

Okay, so without question, my personal, number one wardrobe essential is a striped T. Navy is great, but you can get the look in so many different styles/ colors, I find it hard to limit myself to just one! The thing I love about the striped T is that is goes with EVERYTHING and you can dress it up, just as easily as you can dress it down. I swear, if I was getting married all over again, I would find some way to incorporate this into my wedding. Can't you just imagine it with a big ball skirt, in pink, yellow, white... .I die. Anyway, the striped T is where it's at, and as a timeless piece, I would say it's well worth the investment. That being said, since it is such a versatile, every day item, getting a few of these, at a great price point, is never, ever a bad thing. 

Can't think of the 1,000 ways you can wear it? Let this be your guide. (My favorite way is to wear it with floral, or bold prints, I think it's a little unexpected, and it always looks great! Like leopard, try to think of it as a neutral!)






Don't have one already, or are you in the market for another? Try one of these, perfect for any budget!

source 1/ source 2
source 3

There you have it. My number one wardrobe essential. I hope you all like this new feature, I will try to keep up with it weekly until the perfect (virtual) closet is created!

5 comments :

LeeLee said...

Great shirt and so versatile.

Anonymous said...

thanks for doing this.... I'm excited about coming along for the ride. Yay!

Ladies Holiday said...

This is fabulous and I am plus one for this staple- can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Anonymous said...

really like the feature -- especially with the three price point choices!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I look forward to the rest of your list!!